Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ticket Counter at Texas State Fair 2013

Walking toward the ticket counter, there are some security officers with metal detectors scanning each guest.  They also look into bags.  My keys set off the metal detector.  Next time, I may have them in my pocket, so that I can pull them out more easily.

I almost walked right past the security, because it was not clearly managed.  I am not sure if anyone would have stopped me.  When I realized my mistake, I turned around and went to the back of the security line.  A large man cut the line in front of me, which I thought was silly, because there were not that many people in the line.

On opening day, there were people with boxes to collect Coke products for a discount ticket.  I believe that the discount is also available on Thursdays if you bring a Coke product to the gate before you buy your ticket.  It looked like the discount was $6 off the price of that day's ticket.

On opening day, the ticket booths were not too crowded.  I arrived around 2:00 pm.  I showed my season pass voucher, and I was given a season pass.  The ticket person used a hole punch to punch out the day that I attended.  They also gave me a paper ticket to give to the person working the turnstile. 

Update: On the day of the TX/OU game, I went to the MLK gate.  The ticket sales are before the metal detectors at that gate. And you could only go to one specific window for season passes.  This was inconvenient, as I had to wait in a long line twice.


Season Pass for 2013 Texas State Fair
Rules on reverse side of Texas State Fair Season Pass


Rules on back of paper ticket
Ticket before detaching


Back of ticket before detaching
 
Free ticket someone gave me on the train one day

Crowded ticket counter at dusk
Walking from the train to the gate at the MLK train station at Fair Park

Metal Detector at Security

Crowd heading for the gates to get into the fair

Crossing the train tracks

Huge crowd waiting to get in on the last Saturday of the fair






#statefairoftexas, #texas state fair, #texasstatefair, #TXstatefair,

No comments:

Post a Comment