Sunday, October 13, 2013

Coupons for Rides and Food at the State Fair of Texas 2013

As soon as I cleared the turnstile, I went over to the automated coupon machine to purchase some coupons for rides and food.  The touch screen was easy to use.  I purchased $45 worth of tickets.  The sheets of tickets rapidly flew from the machine and I had trouble catching them.  I managed to retrieve them all to the entertainment of the people standing behind me.  The machine also issued me a receipt. 

Each coupon costs 50 cents.  Most of the corn dogs that I saw cost 12 coupons.  The one that I bought was 10 coupons.  I didn't realize that I was paying $5.00 for a corn dog.  There were also some hamburgers for 10 coupons, but most cost more than that.  On the midway, at Best concessions, there was a hamburger for 9 coupons.

The front of the coupon says, "The One & Only! State Fair of Texas.  Sept. 27-Oct 20, 2013.  Midway Ride, Show and Food & Beverage Coupon.  Valid any day of fair during operating hours.  No Refunds, No Exchanges. BIGTEX.COM."  Then, there is a serial number at the bottom of the ticket.  The security features on the ticket make it difficult to get a clear photograph.

Front of Food & Ride Coupon
The back of the food & ride coupon says, "The person using this coupon assumes all risks and dangers incidental to the activities of the event.  State Fair reserves the right to determine the use and acceptance of this coupon at all times.  The person using this coupon shall abide by all State Fair rules and instructions while at the event, and may be removed from the premises for any violation of such rules or instructions.  Weldon, Williams & Lick copyright."
Back of Food & Ride Coupon
#statefairoftexas, #texas state fair, #texasstatefair, #TXstatefair,

No comments:

Post a Comment