Friday, September 27, 2013

Purchasing Season Ticket to 2013 State Fair of Texas

I read that you could purchase season tickets for the 2013 State Fair of Texas at Kroger grocery stores. There is a Kroger about half a mile from my house.

On 9-25-2013, I went to the Kroger in Richardson, Texas at Coit and Beltline.  There was no one working the service desk.  There was a man waiting ahead of me, and he was ringing the bell on the counter there.  I waited almost 10 minutes, then I decided to go run some other errands and try back later.

I came back later around 10:00 am.  There was still no one at the service desk.  I went to the pharmacy in the back of the store and had my flu shot.  When I returned to the front, there was someone working the service desk.  She was helping another customer.

When I asked her if they sold season tickets to the Texas State Fair, she didn't answer me.  She grabbed a large binder and started flipping through it and reading some pages.  Finally, after a few minutes, she scowled at me and said that they did not sell season tickets.

I called the Kroger store at Preston and Campbell road in Dallas, and they said they sell the tickets.  I drove there, and there was no one working the service desk.  Another Kroger employee tracked down someone to assist me in a very courteous manner.  A lady came to the service desk and sold me my ticket with no issues.  I had my ticket, which came with a free movie ticket and a one day companion ticket to the fair that could only be used Monday-Friday.


When I say ticket, what you get is a voucher that you exchange at the Fair for the ticket. 

#statefairoftexas, #statefairoftexas, #texas state fair, #texasstatefair, #TXstatefair

No comments:

Post a Comment